Distance Learning - West Campus
As registered Stony Brook University students, distance learners have access to library materials and services. Distance learning students who live more than 50 miles from campus may request items using ILLIAD. Items available electronically will be delivered to the patron’s email. Books and hard copy material owned by the University Libraries will be mailed to the patron’s address on file within 1-2 weeks of the request date. Books requested through interlibrary loan are typically available within 2 weeks of the request and will then be delivered to the patron’s address on file. The University Libraries will pay the cost of shipping items to the patron; borrowers are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
- Distance learning students may request needed materials through Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library Interlibrary Loan using their ILLIAD account
- Materials may be requested even if they are not owned by the Library.
- Interlibrary loan cannot be used for required class materials, e.g. required class texts.
- Interlibrary loan may be used for supplemental class materials.
- Requested materials will be sent to the student's home address via UPS.
- Materials will be sent only within the continental United States.
- The patron is expected to return borrowed material to the library by the due date, boxed, via UPS or USPS Priority or other trackable shipping method.
- Patrons are responsible for the safe return of all material borrowed from the University Libraries. Fines and fees will accrue according to the posted policy.
- Return packages should be addressed to: Interlibrary Loan Department W-2510, Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library, 100 Nicolls Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-3335.