CANCELED - Research Skills for SPD Students
Join us for this online workshop that covers the basic research skills needed to complete assignments quickly and easily, using the specific, subscription resources available through the Stony Brook University Libraries. While this online, evening workshop is designed with working/returning students and distance learners in the SPD program in mind, all are welcome. Find out about:
- Online subscription resources only available to SBU students and available off-campus
- The benefits of subject searching and how it can save you time
- Peer-reviewed articles - how to identify them and how to find them quickly
- Google Scholar and how to maximize effective use when off-campus
- Citation searching and how to check if we have an online subscription to a specific journal
- Using WorldCat to find resources close to home or work
Date: Monday, February 3rd @ 6 PM EST
Location: Online at https://meeting.sinc.stonybroo
Instructors: Bonnie Gallagher and Elaine Hoffman
Target Audience: New graduate students, especially those in SPD programs, and other non-traditional students.
Note: Students from the Health Sciences Center are welcome to join in for a general research overview but we will not be covering any specific medical or nursing resources. You may want to check out our subject guides for subject specific information in those areas or check the Health Sciences Library website.
Can't make it? Watch a recording of the workshop from Spring 2013.