There are 24 group study rooms located in the Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library. Group study rooms in the Central and North Reading Rooms offer enclosed spaces for groups of 2-6 people to work together. Stony Brook University students, faculty, and staff may use group study rooms in the Libraries for academic use for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Priority is given to students.
Group Study Room Policies
- Group Study Rooms may be booked online or at the desired study room by scanning the QR code using a mobile device. Log in using your Stony Brook email address. Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of two (2) hours per day.
- A minimum of two (2) people are required to be able to reserve and use a study room.
- Study rooms can be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Room reservations that are unclaimed after 15 minutes from the start are subject to cancellation.
- Rooms are available first come, first served basis when not reserved.
- For assistance in using the online reservation system, please speak to a staff member at the Central Reading Room or North Reading Room service desks.
- While in the study rooms, please keep conversations at a moderate level so other patrons are not disturbed.
Capacity: Minimum of 2 individuals, up to 6
- Must be SBU affiliated
- Priority is given to students
- Conference room technology not available
- Food & Noise Policy: Zone rules apply; please discard of all food wrappers and trash in the garbage bins.
- Supplies: Whiteboard markers, erasers, and adapter cables are available for checkout
- Note: Failure to adhere to study room and library policies may result in loss of study room privileges.