Artifacts from the University Archives are highlighted in the exhibition “Gold Coast Classrooms” at the North Shore Historical Museum in Glen Cove, New York. The exhibition brings focus and attention to Long Island’s historic gold coast mansions adapted for educational purposes. It runs through early December 2017.
In 1957, the Board of Regents of the State University of New York authorized William Robertson Coe’s exquisite 350-acre former arboretum-estate in Oyster Bay, named Planting Fields, as SBU’s temporary campus, while a new campus was under construction in historic Stony Brook, on a 480-acre tract of land donated by philanthropist Ward Melville.
Latest posts by Kristen Nyitray (see all)
- New Archive Chronicles SBU in the 1960s and 1970s - February 19, 2018
- SBU Student Life Documented in New Archive - February 12, 2018
- Special Collections Contributing to Library of Congress Radio Preservation Initiative - February 6, 2018