There are a number of group study rooms located in the Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library. Group study rooms in the Central and North Reading Rooms offer enclosed spaces for groups of 2-6 people to work together. Stony Brook University students, faculty, and staff may use group study rooms in the Libraries for academic use for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Priority is given to students.
Group Study Room Policies
*New Reservation Process*
- Group Study Rooms can be booked in person at the service desks in Central and North Reading Rooms. They cannot be booked in advance. Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of two (2) hours per day. Rooms may be renewed if there are no patrons on the waitlist.
- Rooms are available first come, first served when not reserved.
- To access study rooms, please check in at Library Services desk with your SBU ID.
Capacity: Minimum of 2 individuals, up to 6
- Must be SBU affiliated
- Priority is given to students
- Conference room technology not available
- Food & Noise Policy: Zone rules apply; please discard of all food wrappers and trash in the garbage bins.
- Supplies: Whiteboard markers, erasers, and adapter cables are available for checkout
- Note: Failure to adhere to study room and library policies may result in loss of study room privileges.